The full patch notes for the latest update for Apex Legends has been released by Respawn. In the update, they add a Bloodhound-themed town takeover as a part of The Old Ways event which is in limited time. Also, there is a map rotation feature and Duos mode.
Here, there is Bloodhound’s Trials and there you and your squad battle against a hoard of prowlers and claim high-tier loot as your reward. Here, you have to be careful with the most dangerous game: fellow legends who want to scavenge the goods for themselves.
In this event, you will have chance to complete daily challenges and get exclusive cosmetics. These things are inspired from the latest Stories from the Outlands: The Old Ways digital short. There are exclusive skins that tie-in to the Old Ways digital short. Also, a mix of legendary and rare skins are available. There are 8 of the original Legendary Hunt Skins which will be on offer for direct purchase.
Here are some balance changes.
- The headshot is reduced from 2.0 ->1.75
- The leg shot scale is reduced from 0.9->0.75
- Slightly reduced projectile speed
- Lstar will reset the pattern of viewkick much more quickly and it is done to avoid horizontal recoil feeling like it goes in a direction which is unpredictable while feathering the trigger.
- There is reduced time before overheat 2.4 -> 2.2.
- There is increased headshot damage multiplier from 2.05 -> 3.0. Currently, it should always down a target with a headshot even in case they are a fortified character with a level 3 helmet and a full evo shield.
- There is reduced ammo per pickup from 10 -> 8
- There is reduced inventory stack size from 20 -> 16
- Currently, limb shots on Low Profile Legends deal as much damage as body shots.
- Now, characters are respawned with 50 health (or whatever health that they had when they activated it, if lower) instead of 1.
- Low Profile is removed.
- Now, portals will disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside the Circle. This change was created to combat players who exploiting the Portal to avoid taking damage outside the Ring.
Kings Canyon and Kings Canyon After Dark
- Increase to the total amount of items of loot which spawn in the map.
There are a lot of bug fixes and here are some of them.
- The condition where matches results would not process correctly after players were disconnected is fixed.
- There are fixes for some script errors.
- There is also a fixed bug for cases where taller Legends could not get stuck in geometry after using the portal of Wraith.
- There is a fixed bug for cases where players who are under Revenant’s Death Protection were not able to be healed by Lifeline’s D.O.C drone and Wattson’s Interceptor Pylon.
- A bug where sometimes players would lose aim assist after being hit by Revenant’s Silence ability is fixed.
- Cases where players would not get assist credit when using Crypto’s Drone to scan enemies is fixed.