Capes in Minecraft are rare vanity items and usually they are worn in addition to the skin of player. Previously, this item was called cloaks. But then, in October 2011, it was changed by Notch so that the name was renamed to be Capes because the name was already wrong in the first place.
In Minecraft, capes were introduced for the first time in Update 0.15.9 in the Minecon 2016 Skin Pack. Capes are able to be obtained by applying Skin Packs which contain Skins using them and they will be able to give the effect the design of the Elytra. There is no way to get a cape of someone on Java Edition but there are a lot of mods that permit you to be able to get one.
It is important for you to know as a Minecraft player that capes do not have any purposes and they are not able to be crafted. Also, certain capes were only given to special players in Minecraft.
You may want to see Minecraft capes in The Skindex site. If you want to see the various capes, you are able to access the site. There, you will be able to see various capes such as:
- Optifine Cape on Batman. This character wears Batman clothes and there is a purple cape with OF words on it.
- Mojang Rainbow Cape. This character wears rainbow cape and the front part of the skin is the logo of Mojang’s cape.
- Doge No the Cape. The character wears a yellow cape with sad smile of a dog.
- Bear with a Cape. The character which is a bear wears a purple cape with 5 number on it.
- Super Skeppy. The character wears yellow cape with red S on it.
If you are looking for Mojang’s cape, you are able to find a lot there. Here are some of them.
- Notch with cape
- Mojang cape
- Papyrus Royal guard Mojang
- Buffahamster w Mojang cape
- Coolbigboy Custom Skin with Mojang cape
You are able to search and find capes that you want in The Skindex site. Then, if you find the one that you like, you are able to click on it and then you are able to see the detail of the cape. You can also edit the skin, download, upload to minecraft or add to Wardrobe. You are also able to see the creator of the skin and cape.
If you want to edit the skin, you just have to click on it and then you will be directed to another page where you are able to edit it. In the skin editor of The Skindex, there are some tools that are helpful and those are Pencil Tool, Eraser, Auto Tune, Color Picker, Bucket Tool, Undo, Redo, Darken Color, Lighten Color and some more tools.
So, you are able to access the Skindex site now and then find the cape that you like for your skin character. Find the one that you think it is awesome for your character.