Minecraft Forge is a free, open-source modding API. It designed to simplify compatibility between community-created game mods in Minecraft: Java Edition. The end-user (player) need play the version of Minecraft which Forge was downloaded for before it is able to be used. For example, Minecraft Forge 1.12 is going to need 1.12 version of Minecraft in order to run correctly. Then, Minecraft Forge is able to be used from the Play drop-down in the Minecraft launcher.
Minecraft Forge 1.15.2 is a modding API that makes it easier to create mods. For your information, API is Application Programming Interface. Aside from that, Minecraft Forge 1.15.2 is a modding API that ensure mods are compatible with each other. In fact, Minecraft Forge 1.15.2 is the current mods of Minecraft. The Developers are able to customise Mincecraft based on it. With Minecraft Forge, Minecraft is limitless. To do this, the staff of Minecraft Forge have updated versions to create mods compatible with Minecraft update.
Generally, the majority of modern mods use Minecraft Forge in order to be added to vanilla Minecraft, several mods that support Forge are listed on its website. Forge mods only work with Forge. Forge processes mods differently than Modloader, so only certain mods are able to work with the two. The users may want to see if the mod they want supports Forge.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MODS FOR MINECRAFT FORGE
This guide is going to explain how to install mods which have been made for the Minecraft Forge API.
Step 1: You have to ensure that you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
Step 2: You have to download a Mod for Minecraft Forge. In this case, you are able to download a mod for Minecraft Forge from the Minecraft Forums or anywhere else.
Step 3: You have to locate the Minecraft Application Folder.
- On windows, you are able to open Run from the start menu, then type %appdata%\.minecraft\ and you are able to click Run.
- On mac open finder, you have to hold down ALT. Then, you have to click Go, next Library in the top menu bar. After that, you need to open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
Step 4: In this step, you have to place the Mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
Step 5: Now, you are able to choose your Minecraft Mod version. Once you launch Minecraft and click the mods button, then you will be able to see the mod is installed.
In addition. We are going to share a link to help you find Minecraft Mods and download: http://file-minecraft.com/category/minecraft-mods/
In the text below, we have another way to install Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge installer.
- Then, you have to run installer as Administrator.
- After that, you will be able to select Install Client. Please, hit OK.
- In this step, you have to open Minecraft launcher and select Minecraft Forge in Profile menu. For example, you select Minecraft Forge 1.15.2.
- The last, you are able to run the game and explore your mod.