Have you ever experienced an error SU-30746-0 in your PS4? If you face problem like this, you may not know what should you do. Facing an error is annoying, but as long as you know how to fix it, it will not be a problem anymore.
Error SU-30746-0 happens because the system software failed to updated automatically. According to PlayStation site, there are some steps that you have to do when you face this error. You have to do these steps to update the PS4 system software by using Safe Mode. Here are the steps that you are able to use.
- The first thing that you have to do when you face error SU-30746-0 is to turn off your PS4 system.
- If all lights on your PS4 are off, then you have to hold down the power button until you hear 2 beeps which is one immediately and one after 7 seconds. Now, your PS4 will boot in Safe Mode.
- In this step, you have to connect your DS4 controller by using a USB cable and then you have to press the PS button.
- Now, you need to choose option 3 which says “Update System Software” and then “Update using Internet”.
If you still face the error after you do these steps, then you are able to visit the PS4 System Software page in playstation.com site for more ways to update.
According to another source, you are also able to fix this problem by restoring default settings. How to do that? The steps below can be followed by you.
- First, you have to switch off your PS4 completely and do not put in sleep mode.
- After that, it is turned on. Now, the power button is pressed and held for about 10 secs until 2 beeps come from the PS4. The first beep will be able to heard immediately after the button is pressed. And the second one will take a few seconds.
- If you have heard the second beep, then the PS4 will boot up in safe mode. When the next screen comes up, then you have to connect DualShock 4 controller and press the PS button on it.
- In this step, you must choose “Restore Default Settings”. Then, there will be a confirmation message.
- You have to choose the option “Yes” on the confirmation message pop up and it will revert all the settings to default value.
If the methods above cannot help you in fixing this problem, you are able to try to initialize PS4. But, this method will delete all the files saved locally so you have to back it up to the cloud first.
- First, you have to switch off PS4.
- Then, it is turned on and press power button. You have to hold for about 10 secs until 2 beeps are heard.
- If the second beep is heard, now the PS4 will boot in the safe mode. When the next screen come up, connect DualShock 4 controller and press the PS button on it.
- In this step, you have to choose “Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)” and the action will be confirmed by choosing “Yes” from the confirmation message pop up.
- If the PS4 reboots post the procedure, you should not face the error anymore.