Now, you may be facing an error SU-42481 -9 on your PS4. We know that every time you face an error, it is surely annoying since you expect that you can play a game on it. But, it will not be annoying anymore if you know how to fix it.
In the PlayStation site that you are able to access at playstation.com, there are methods that you are able to use for fixing any error that you face in PS4. If you face SU-42481-9 PS4 error code, there is also a method for you that you can apply for fixing this error.
Based on Playstation site, if you find this error, it means that the system software update file was not recognised by the PS4 system and it has failed. According to Appuals site, this error can also happen because of corrupt temporary files and bad updating files. Here are the explanation of each cause.
- Corrupt temporary files. If PS4 has corrupt temporary files, it can prevent it from updating properly.
- Bad updating files. The files which meant to be installed through the update are corrupt and they are not able to be installed properly.
So, how to be able to fix this problem? You are able to try to reinstall PS4 system software by using safe mode. How to reinstall PS4 system software using safe mode to fix SU-42481-9 error code? Steps below can be followed by you.
- The first thing that you have to do is to shut down your PS4 completely.
- If the light of the system of off, now you can begin the PS4 system in Safe Mode and you are able to do that by holding the power button until there are beeps for second times.
- Now, you have to choose Safe Mode option 3 > [Update using internet].
There is also another method that you can do to fix this error if the first solution cannot help you. You are able to power cycle your PS4. Since a long time, PlatStations are known to go into error states. But, you are able to fix it easily by power cycling the console. Do you know what it is? Power cycling means that you will completely shutting down your device and make sure all the power is drained. It will force the console to recreate all the configurations before starting up. You can follow the instructions below one by one.
- First, you have to power down your PS4 device from the front of the console and then you have to turn it off normally.
- If the console is shut down properly, now you need to unplug the power cable from the outlet.
- In this step, you need to press and hold the power button on the PS4 for about 30 seconds. It is done to make sure that all the power is drained.
- You need to wait for 4 to 5 minutes and then let it sit idle. Next, you have to plug everything back and try running the PS4. The error should have gone and you are able to connect to the PSN network successfully.